Drugloo (UK) Limited is an Award Winning company which manufactures Banned Substance Recovery Units in Colchester, UK.
The first Drugloo unit was invented by Ray Nicholls, a director of Drugloo (UK) Limited, when he was asked to attend a meeting with HM Custom & Excise at Dover Sea Port, England. During the meeting, Ray was asked to provide a practical solution to the growing problem of recovering packages of banned substances from people attempting to smuggle these items into the UK inside their bodies.
The brief was simple – HM Customs & Excise needed to recover concealed packages SAFELY, HYGIENICALLY and as SYMPATHETICALLY as possible. In a manner that would protect the operative from potential exposure to human discharge and infections. This was the start of a long road for Ray spanning several years, culminating in him developing a comprehensive range of Drugloo units that you will find on website today.
Whilst we have a comprehensive range of Drugloo units we specialise in providing customised solutions for each project.
You will now find Drugloo units in over 35 countries.
Drugloo units are used to recover
- Mobile phones
- Sim Cards
- Prisoner Communications
- Border Agencies
- Prison Service
- Secure Medical Facilities
- Specialist Task Forces
- Coast Guard
- All units are extremely robust and made from stainless steel
- All units are retro fits and/or portable
- Hermetically sealed agitation unit
- Separate sterilisation recovery chamber
- Tamper-proof mechanism
- Protects operatives from bad odours and contaminated water
- Protects operatives from potentially harmful infections
- No contamination of evidence
- All units have a 25-year life expectancy
- Minimal maintenance
Drugloo units are hand-built in our factory in Colchester, UK.